As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
One of the equipment that a studio engineer trusts is a studio monitor as they can provide better quality and precision when it comes to audio playback. Studio monitors are not only a constant feature in any recording studio, but they can also be found in residential installations.
Studio Monitor vs. Regular Speaker
You might think that owning a studio monitor will be overkill because a regular speaker can do what it does, but you are wrong about that assumption. A regular speaker can playback tunes, true, but a studio monitor does more than just play tune back.
The difference between a home speaker system and a studio monitor is more of a technical one. Studio monitors have built-in power amplifiers with speaker output, while home speaker systems require an external amplifier and speaker. Studio monitors can cope with sudden changes in tone and volume, whereas home speaker systems would just treat them as noise and reproduce as such.
With all these laid out to you, we are pretty sure you are eager to have your studio monitor. We’d like to help you in that area by reviewing one of the best on the market today; the Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers.
Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers Features
This particular studio monitor measures 11.38 inches by 6.85 inches by 9.92 inches and weighs about 21.43 lbs. It has a total power output of 24Wx2 + 36Wx2 RMS, and it also comes with the
- Diverse Functionality
The Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers are the ideal speaker set when it comes to home entertainment centers, gaming rigs, and personal computers.
- Eagle Eye Tweeters
This studio monitor is equipped with the newly developed 25mm silk dome speakers or Eagle Eye tweeters. This new set of tweeters improves the listening experience by providing more clarity to the slightest sounds and minimizes distortion, as well as the other audio inconsistencies that older speakers have trouble to deal with.
- Stylish Look
This studio monitor is encased in an MDF wooden enclosure that minimizes acoustic resonance. The high-gloss piano finish also adds a touch of elegance that can match any home theater theme and design.
- Dual Connectivity
Devices can be connected to this studio monitor through optical and RCA input, allowing it to have more than one device docked at the same time. Its Bluetooth connectivity allows it to pair with any smartphone to minimize wires.
- Maximum Control
This studio monitor comes with both a built-in control panel, as well as a remote control that lets you adjust and improve your experience without getting up from the sweet audio spot.
- The audio output is crystal clear and has minimal distortion. The treble is quite distinct, and the bass undertones are exceptional.
- The features of this studio monitor are packed into a small resonance-proof enclosure which allows for placement flexibility. Make sure to place this studio monitor at least one foot above the floor level to get the best audio output possible.
- This Edifier studio monitor delivers exceptional sound quality, and you can hear the varying tones, even speech and background is magnified. You can even differentiate the instruments used in a particular music section.
- The versatility of this studio monitor when it comes to the number of reference sources that it can connect is great, making it ideal for a home studio or a gaming rig setup.
- The side panel controls can be confusing as it diverts from the usual front panel setup. Especially when placed in a cramped space, you would need to take it out to adjust the settings that you just couldn’t get using the remote control.
- This studio monitor cannot be plugged directly into a computer’s headphone jack.
- The remote control panel is a bit junky, and it is small, so you can lose it around the house or the studio without meaning to.
- The optical input does not always work and would often require that the RCAs be plugged in on line 1 for them to do so.
The Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers pack a lot of features into a compact and stylish design with built-in and wireless control options to boot. Their versatility when it comes to reference sources, as well as connectivity via optical and RCA inputs, make them able to perform no matter where they are placed. The sound that this studio monitor delivers is also exceptional, with clear and crisp sounds provided by the Eagle Eye tweeters and the resonance-proof wooden enclosure.
The Swan Speakers M200MKII Wifi-Powered 2.0 Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers come close to the features and functionality that the Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers have. Both brands have excellent connectivity options, coming with both wired and wireless options, as well as silk dome tweeters for clear and crisp treble sounds.
The Swan Speakers studio monitor is also larger in comparison and can also be used in the same versatile ways that you would for the Edifier ones. It has a five-inch woofer for that bass punch as well as a sheer black fiber screen. It has front panel controls and a wireless remote as well.
The Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers edge out the competition with their versatility when it comes to reference sources and connectivity options but also when it comes to their glossy exterior. Unlike the Swan Speakers, the Edifier studio monitor can easily adapt to any style or theme that your entertainment center or home studio has.
The compact design of the Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers also allow them to be placed almost anywhere, and they do not stick out like a sore thumb with their black finish. The sound quality that they deliver is also exceptional for their size, especially with the clear undertones and the deep bass that they can reproduce.
While there is a distinct difference between their uses, consider how often you would need the sound quality that a studio monitor delivers and what uses you would have it with, in the future. It takes painstaking care and attention to detail to install and maintain a studio monitor for it to reproduce the best sounds possible. If you’re up to this task, then plug in and enjoy.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.